YTRON is a Specialist Equipment and Systems Mixer Skid Manufacturer. Ytron Provides German quality equipment for the above processes and “fields. Ytron are Leaders in the supply of rotor-stator systems for extremely rapid mixing. And are endorsed by many world leading brands. This technology is used for air-free, homogeneous mixing of liquids, suspending/dissolving of solids as well as for aerating.
Dissolving / Mixing / Homogenizing / Wet Milling / Blending / Powder Dispersion / DeFoaming / Gassing
YTRON machines and systems are in use for industrial processing of liquids, for suspending and dissolving of powders and powdery products of all kind, homogenizing, wet milling for particle size reduction and emulsifying as well as aerating / whipping / foaming & removal of Foam. The action of YTRON-Y goes well beyond simple agitation or stirring of liquids, it provides a perfectly air-free, homogeneous mix.
Directed Jet Mixing Turbines (the performance goes way beyond the one of a simple stirrer or agitator), Powder Mixing equipment as well as Homogenizers made by YTRON are known for leading innovation. YTRON is known throughout process industries as a leader in new developments, and a quality way above the average with total reliability.
Leading enterprises working in the industries of food processing, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and chemical production, increase the efficiency of their processes by using YTRON Mixers, e.g. Directed Jet Mixers like YTRON-Y, Emulsifying Machines YTRON Z, Powder Blenders YTRON-XC and YTRON-ZC as well as skid mounted systems.
Competent consulting and service to our customers are our priority. YTRON is the right choice if your goal is to increase efficiency, save energy, costs and production time. The ideal solution, for example to perform Yoghurt-STRETCHING® will be made available by YTRON. We are looking forward to get your application data.
YTRON® and STRETCHING® (e.g. yoghurt, fresh cheese) are registered trademarks of YTRON Process Technology GmbH & Co. KG. YTRON reserves the right not to be responsible for the topicality and website content of the information provided.
Advantages of YTRON-Y Jet Mixing Turbine:
- Axial flow pattern
- Homogenous mixing
- No air entrainment
- No sedimentation
- No floating of product on the surface
- Rapid mixing of entire container contents
- No baffles / flow deflectors required, flow deflectors are integrated in stator
- Low shear due to short residence time in the YTRON-Y mixing head
- Rotor in contact with the moving product only
- Rapid process time
- Side entry: Air cushion prevents product from contacting the mechanical seal surfaces at the top of the shaft
Disadvantages of Conventional Agitators:
- Radial flow pattern (rotational flow)
- Non-uniform and incomplete mixing
- Vortex formation, strong aeration, (Result: Oxidation, change of colour, problems with the heat transfer etc.)
- Incomplete mixing of the vessel contents
- Dead zones around the area of the baffles
- Local shear forces, long process times
- Side entry: Product contacts the seal directly
The choice of the right YTRON-Y depends on each individual case, to get the optimum results for the specific application.
The YTRON-Y ByPass Principle
Free flowing powders without a tendency to stick or form lumps such as Silicia, Active Carbon, HPMC, Cocoa, Flour, Carbon black, can be drawn in below liquid level by the rotor/stator system. They are instantly wetted, suspended or dissolved without the formation of lumps.
High viscosity products and those that are difficult to dissolve can be injected directly into the YTRON-Y ByPass. This way an instantaneous dissolution or suspension is achieved.
The directed jet stream homogeneously mixes the product into the entire batch.
Some examples of powders which can be processed easily are:
- Acrylic polymers
- Activated carbon
- Bentonite clay
- Cellulose ethers (MC,CMC, HPMC)
- Guar pit flour
- Locust bean gum
- Cocoa powder
- Milk powders
- Milk protein
- Rework of different products
- Soy flour and soy protein
- Wheat flour
- Wheat gluten
- Xanthan gum
… and many more
The powder is sucked in by the strong negative pressure created by the ZC-reactor head. Immediately after contacting the liquid phase, the powders are instantly wetted and thoroughly dispersed. This process is actually completed before the powder is fully hydrated. Due to the extremely short time shear forces are applied, the process is a very gentle one. In most cases a single pass operation ensures that even when processing extremely shear-sensitive thickeners and gelling agents, the highest viscosities are achieved.
YTRON-ZC Dispersing table
Dispersing of powders in a single pass without the formation of any agglomerates. Versatile system to be used e.g. for dispersing of hydrocolloids of all kind, starches, milk proteins, MC, CMC, HPMC, guar, pectin, carbomeres. Spontaneous dispersion in a single pass means a significant reduction of ripening time.
- In a single pass setup, the use of this YTRON means no shear damage to shear sensitive thickeners. When used in recirculation, the YTRON can be used to apply a defined amount of shear to homogenize or emulsify the product.
- Rotor/Stator slot widths and combinations are selected to suit the specific purpose.
- No introduction of addition of air except the air present between the powder particles.
- High efficient dispersing in combination with low energy input
- ATEX rated version available for zone 1; 2; 21; 22.
Ytron Z Homogenizer
The YTRON-Z Principle.
One or more liquid phases, as well as unsuspended particles, are passed by a forced-feed passage through the rotor-stator-system.
The In-line-principle effects a defined and reproducible application of shear forces. With the parameters of slot width, number and distance of the shear slots, number of rotor-stator-sets used, rotational speed and flow rate, the desired dispersing or homogenizing effect, can be infinitely adjusted.
Conventional batch processes often require recirculation and lead to a localised over-shearing of the products. This also lead irregular treatment of the batch. In contrast, the YTRON-Z ensures a homogeneously and reproducibly dispersed product in a single pass.
- Tomato Ketchup (cold and hot break)
- Creams and lotions
- Fruit juices
- Soft drinks
- Medical solutions and dispersions
- O/W and W/O emulsions
- Perfume oil and aromatic products
- S.L.E.S ( continuous diluting)
- STRETCHING® of yoghurt and fromages frais
- STRETCHING® of thickener slurries
- Soups and sauces
and many more.
Ytron Skids & Complete Mixing Plants
Learn more about YTRON products here.